Project Ô is part of the ICT4 Water Cluster, and is divided into 10 work packages with the following objectives:
WP 1 – Management:
- Ensuring the effective management of the project within time and budget constraints at the highest level of quality
with active communication with the EU.
- Coordinating project partners and Advisory group to achieve synergy in collaboration.
- Defining data management strategy.
WP 2 – Small water management loop technologies enabling water treatment and reuse:
- This WP has as main objectives the development and validation of the technologies to be installed at the demo sites.
WP 3 – Integrated water management, planning and circular economy:
- Provide evidence-based knowledge regarding the framework conditions that may hinder or facilitate the transition to water-circular economy.
- Assess the bottlenecks of integrating water circular economy approaches into current water resources planning and spatial planning institutional frameworks.
- Foster the transition to water circular economy through the proposal of new institutional arrangements and associated social innovations.
- Use the demo-sites as examples, to design a process of co-creation with stakeholders of innovative planning and governance approaches to facilitate the transition to water circular economy.
WP 4 – ICT-based integrated water resources management and planning:
- To design, develop and test an ICT-based decision-analytic platform (DAP).
- To support policy makers in selecting robust & efficient water planning portfolios.
WP 5 – Demonstration of small loop of water recycling within a complex system:
- The demonstration of the tools that allow water management in small loops, in terms of advanced
technologies and impact evaluation tools.
- The site preparation, the installation of the pilot plants and their
operation, this WP also includes the data collection allowing for the validation of the DAP and the technology selection tools.
WP 6 – Sustainability assessments and performance monitoring:
- To assess the energy efficiency of the pilot plants installed in the demonstration sites studied in WP5
- To assess their impacts according to the project KPIs, taking into account ecological, financial and social aspects in order to foster sustainability.
WP 7 – Circularity of water and circular economy, interfacing systemic issues with innovative business models:
- To assess the economic and operational sustainability of water circular use, within specific water regulatory conditions, and how it interfaces with a circular economy business model, more business driven and where water is one of the resources to be shared.
WP 8 – Communication & Stakeholder Management:
- Systematically assess attitudes and expectations among different groups of stakeholders for devising an effective communication and stakeholders’ management strategy.
- Analyse expectations and capacity for communication within the project consortium. In response to these analyses, coordinate communication strategies and tactics to address
effectively the perceptions by means of internal and external communication. Implement those strategies, in local and international public engagement events with a focus on co-creation, political communication and science advocacy.
- Produce communication material for non-expert communities and ensure a continuous bi-directional knowledge-transfer between the project and its stakeholders.
- Establish a living network for a sustained community of practice beyond the project lifetime.
WP 9 – Dissemination and exploitation of results:
- To provide a legacy to Project Ô through dissemination and exploitation of its results.